Friday, June 17, 2011

Yoko Ritona's Sniper Rifle

I decided to take a break from my M-29 commission since it was such a headache, and decided to start this rifle that was recently commissioned. Its much more simple to understand, and reading blindsquirrel's blog made the process a little smoother.

Heres a picture of the rifle in context:


I started out with the stock. Instead of making it out of solid MDF like blindsquirrel did, I decided to make it out of 1/4 inch MDF walls to save considerable weight.


Then I did the magazine well and scope rings/rail. I added the curve into the design so that it had a perfect surface to glue to the gun's main body. The part was wrapped in styrene, and was given styrene ribs for detail.


The thickness of the scope rings was obtained by gluing a 1/8th inch sheet of mdf to a 1/4 inch sheet, then cutting out the part.


Starting to come together. The magazine uses styrene sheet for the details.


I regret not taking more pictures, but I've been a bit behind on things lately. (despite working 70 hours a week on these commissions.)

here it is after primer, and some testing of my black paint. For some reason, the new flat black painters touch cans seem to have a hint of gloss in them and make the surface look uneven when it is not. I will coat it with krylon ultra flat black the next time I go to the store.



I used a real folding+extending rifle bipod and installed the guards on the feet. I had to cut a square hole out in the middle of them to allow the bipod release buttons to come through so it can still be adjusted.


Just about finished now. I simply need to sew the sling to the buckles. 


As you can see , I had to redo the lenses since my client wanted ones that were different from mike's build. 




I love the rear shot. The rear lens features a semi transparent blue tint. 


Removable magazine:


removable stock plate, for much more storage:


You can see where my grass is starting to have a bad day in this shot:



phew!

12 comments:

  1. This gun is everything I hoped it would be and more! It was perfect to a 'T', and I can't wait to show it off at my conventions! Zander, you did an excellent job, and were patient with my silly questions! Amazing person to work with ^_^ Very, very very pleased!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you like it! I hope its not too heavy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey is there anyway you can comission a rifle for me? I can understand if not, but Im willing to pay whatever is needed for you. I tried making my own, and its not bad but... Im just not the prop making type :P. So just message me if you can or cant, either way it be greatly appreciated! savycole@yahoo.com ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello ^-^
    I was actually wondering the same ^ How long does it take for you to make it/What do you charge? Ms.PandaMan@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. The same as those two^ :) email me at xxcrunkkidxx@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. same as them^^^^^ plzz i want a rifle soo bad this one is soo amazing my email is shannonwindsor09@yahoo.co.uk plzzzzz

    ReplyDelete
  7. Same as... well everyone commenting
    email:

    lvm@cschome.net

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My offer stands for life. Whenever, if ever you can get back to me about it.

      Delete
  8. O my god, this gun is soo amazing. I really would like one for myself. Can you send me an email about the costs and how long it takes? >> brian.defli@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know this is like years after you posted this, but im really interested in this gun. Please email me details to xraven04x@gmail.com if you see this :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super late to the party! But super interested in getting this commissioned ♡♡ dovlynmeyer@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super late to the party! But super interested in getting this commissioned ♡♡ dovlynmeyer@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete